Hide Icons

Options
ddumond
ddumond
Community Member

Okay, I'm liking this software, but I feel it's lacking some customization.

Aesthetically, everything about it is beautiful, but the big ugly icons completely ruin it for me.

I can stomach them in the main window (when it shows only one)... But when they're lined up in the list, stacked one atop the other, it looks absolutely dreadful and busy.

I probably wouldn't mind so much if they were simple, consistent and nicely designed... but they're not which takes away from the sophistication of the app -- it's Micky Mouse -- and yes, I know you can change the icons manually but this becomes tedious and it doesn't seem to respect the transparency via drag-n-drop or copy/paste.

Ultimately, it would be nice to have the option to hide the icons entirely resulting in a nice minamilistic interface -- It would also be nice to have the option to hide the alphabetical headers in the list too! :)

Is it just me? Would anyone else welcome this option?

Is this something that might be considered in future updates?

Thanks for letting me vent! :)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ddumond,

By default we use the Left Item List Layout but we do have another layout called Top. You can alter it by going to View > Item List Layout > Top.

Now it isn't exactly what you're looking for but I'm wondering if it might be a suitable workaround for now? I've checked and it would seem you're the first to ask for these particular changes. That isn't to say it's just you but it might be that you're part of a small but passionate group :smile:

Going forward though, you would like to see the ability to customise the default Left Item List Layout with the ability to switch off icons completely and the removal of the little alphabetical headers?

Let me know if you actually like the Top view as well though, it might be it's actually a better layout for your preferences and covers your needs.

• ddumond
    ddumond
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Yes, I'm aware of the alternate layout, however I much prefer the list on the left -- it's familiar, it looks better and it best displays the information.

It's too bad I'm the only one to have mentioned this (strength in numbers) but I do truly feel (selfish reasons aside) that the ability to maximize the space and simplify the overall appearance through "switching off icons completely" and "the removal of the little alphabetical headers" would most certainly be an added bonus -- and just to show you it's not all about me, you could even throw in an option to show smaller icons in the list view! :)

It is a beautiful piece of software though -- this would only take it a step further in my opinion! :)

Thanks again! :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, and for the kind words, @ddumond! We'll be sure to take it into consideration for the future. :)

• ddumond
    ddumond
    Community Member
    Options

AWESOME! Thank you so much!! :+1:

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.