1Password directory is always empty. Where are the data?

sergitoo
sergitoo
Community Member

Hi,
i have filled my 1password on windows. (I have several websites logins).
Now, i have installed the android version on my phone. I have activated the sync with dropbox. And all works correctly, but in the android directory, i haven't any local folder with the file-passwords
.../data/com.agilebits.onepassword and .../data/com.dropbox.android folders are empty.

That make ask me one question, when i start the 1password (sync dropbox), but offline (without internet), how is it possible that it can show me all the logins? if the related directores are empty. I can not understand. Because even wihtout interent, 1password works fine.

Thanks

Sergio

Comments

• If you configure 1Password to sync to Dropbox, your 1Password data folder will be stored on your Dropbox account. The internal cache directory that 1Password uses is not accessible for a regular Android user. Even if it was, it cannot be read by 1Password on any other platforms. It's in its own unique format.

The external cache directory is what you are seeing and is only used by 1Password when it needs to pass certain items to other applications. For example, when you want to view an attached PDF file in an external PDF Reader application, 1Password would place the decrypted file here temporarily. Another time we use this is when you create a diagnostic report to attach in your email using an external client. These files are there only temporarily and 1Password handles clearing it when it's no longer in use. So, seeing an empty data folder is good! :)

If 1Password is offline and you add an item, the item will be stored locally in the internal cache directory. Once you are connected, 1Password will push the new item to your 1Password data folder on Dropbox.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• sergitoo
    sergitoo
    Community Member

Brilliant answer! Yes! that's it!!

The trick was: 'the internal cache directory' that i didn't arrive to imagine it ;)).

Thanks a lot!

Regards

• You're very welcome. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.