Auto detect account for password verification

AriPorad
AriPorad
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I was thinking, It would be really awesome if 1Password could detect if a username has already been entered or just the password is being verified, and if so not prompt you for which account you'd like.

For example: Google frequently require's you to verify your password. It would be nice if 1Password could automatically think "Oh, me@gmail.com is already filled in. When the hotkey is pressed, I don't need to ask which google account he wants, I can just fill in the password for me@gmail.com".

Thanks,
Ari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AriPorad: Ah, I see what you mean -- especially with the Google example (man, I have a lot of accounts with them).

I think the main obstacle to this is when the username/email address is not part of the form but just on the webpage it would be hard for 1Password to find the correct thing. Webforms themselves are often nonstandard, otherwise 1Password would be able to fill them all perfectly; so having 1Password determine which non-form elements on the page might be relevant to one of your logins would be a bit of a stretch...but man it would be awesome if we could figure out a good way to do this!

Thanks for the feedback. Over time 1Password has grown to do some really amazing things. Maybe someday this will be one of them! :)

This discussion has been closed.