Master Password ploblem

Options
coldrolledsteel
coldrolledsteel
Community Member

I could use some help with a beginner mistake. just created the master password, sentence as suggested; wrote it down and typed in twice without error (I thought) now can't open the app. How can start over?

Comments

• Katzenmama
    Katzenmama
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem.

• Hi @coldrolledsteel and @Katzenmama,

I'm sorry that you both have to go through this. We have a Starting Over guide that should be able to help you get back to the New User state and allow you to create a new vault.

Rick

• Katzenmama
    Katzenmama
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did go through all the steps and I started over.

• coldrolledsteel
    coldrolledsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks... your instructions got me started again. I'm now trying to get 1P5 (Apple App Store version) into the iCloud for my other Apple devices.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @coldrolledsteel,

I'm glad those steps helped you to start over! :)

I'm now trying to get 1P5 (Apple App Store version) into the iCloud for my other Apple devices.

Do you mean you're trying to set up iCloud sync? If so, please make sure you follow the steps here: Sync with iCloud

If you run into trouble with that, just let us know. Thanks!

• coldrolledsteel
    coldrolledsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the direction. I just sync'd to the iCloud. You guys have done a great job with 1Password Guide. At the risk of being told once again to refer to the guide or other instructions, do I now need to purchase and download 1P5 from the Apple App Store for each device; that's two iPhones, a Macbook and a iPad?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW is sold per operating system. So you need 1PW for Mac and 1PW for iOS. The iOS version is free, with an in-app purchase that provides extra features.

As long as you use the same AppleId on the both iPhones and the iPad, once you have got it on one device you can download on all the others.

• coldrolledsteel
    coldrolledsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Since I do have the same AppleID's do I go back to the App Store or to Agilebits, or can I download it from my Mac? I started at the App Store but it looks like I would need to pay for it.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Apple make things confusing by having two App Stores, one for Mac and one for iOS.

You will need to use the Mac App Store to purchase the Mac version.

The version for iOS (which is free in its basic form) can be obtained in one of two ways. Go to the App Store on the iPhone or iPad (that will be the store for iOS), or use iTunes on the Mac, go to the store, and choose its App Store. That downloads the app onto the Mac, and then it can be copied to your iPhones and iPad.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @coldrolledsteel,

Hopefully @danco's information was useful to you. I'd just like to add a couple things.

Once you've purchased 1Password for Mac from the App Store, you can then install it on other Macs by locating 1Password in the Purchases tab of the App Store on each device. If you purchased 1Password for Mac from the App Store, you should not download the software from our website, as the license will be tied to your Apple ID and will not be accessible by the AgileBits Store version of the app.

And as for 1Password for iOS, as danco mentioned, the app is free to download. If you do choose to unlock Pro Features with a one-time in-app purchase, you can then restore that purchase on your other iOS devices as described near the bottom of this page.

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help you with. We're here for ya! :)

• coldrolledsteel
    coldrolledsteel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Vee & danco,
    Once again I appreciate the help. I updated my old Macbook Pro to OS X 10.10.3 so I could downloaded 1Password 5 to it and to my iPhone. 1Password opened great on the laptop from data in the iCloud but I'm apparently getting interference from OS X's keychain because I can't login to websites from 1Password. I need to find out how this was overcome when I created 1Password logins on my MAC, the first device in which I installed 1Password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @coldrolledsteel,

Would this be in Safari by any chance?

If it is, then the following Safari preference might help, let us know if it does (or indeed if it doesn't). The preference in question is in the Passwords tab of Safari's preferences and is a checkbox titled AutoFill user name and passwords. If it's enabled the unticking the box will mean you rely solely on 1Password going forward. If I've misunderstood at all please let me know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.