Painful password fill limitations

Options
SR22pilot
SR22pilot
Community Member

I added 1Password to the Actions screen on devices for myself and my girlfriend. Ouch. I immediately had a stressed girlfriend yelling that it didn't work. It seems if you don't have the website associated with the username and password then, when using 1Password from inside Safari, all you get is the option to add a new password. This makes no sense. If I am on the login page for JunkySite.com and have my username and password stored then I should be able to select it and do a fill. Instead I have to enter JunkySite.com as the URL into 1Password or else I only get the option to add a password. I am tired of getting the message "No password associated with m.junkysite.com" or whatever it is exactly.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SR22pilot,

This is very intentional behavior and is an anti-phishing mechanism. 1Password will not fill a login unless that login has a URL matching the URL you are currently visiting. You can read a bit about why we do this here:

https://support.1password.com/why-no-autofill/#the-long-answer

This support article is specifically about 'autofill' but applies to this question in some ways as well.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.