iPhone 5c / ios 8.3 / 1Password 5.4 / Cannot Open after install

Options
ramac34
ramac34
Community Member

I have 1Password for my Windows computer and Windows phone. Things are working pretty well on that front. Yesterday I downloaded 1Password, 5.4 to my iPhone (details are in the title). For the life of me I cannot open app. I have restart the phone several times. It says the it is installed and the only option I have is to click Open. When I click Open, nothing happens. I cannot find a way to delete or other get rid of it so as to try again. My end goal is to have the passwords synced between all 3 devices. I understand I will need to upgrade my licensing but I wanted to make sure I could make this work before going down this route. Thanks for any information/help you can provide.

Ricky

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you able to delete the app (long hold on it then press the x)? If so try doing that and then reinstalling it. (Sorry if you've tried that already.)

If that doesn't help can you please explain exactly what happens when you click on the app to open it. Does anything happen at all, anywhere :) ?

Stephen

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen, thanks for the quick response. 1Password, after installing, does not show up as a typical app on the iPhone. As far as the long press that would allow me to delete/move things around, there is no icon for 1Password. The are two places where I can see it. The first place is under General Settings where I have option to all it to keep running in the background. The only other place I can see it is if I goto the app store, and search 1Password. It finds it, I see the Open button. When I click it, I see the action of clicking but 1Password does not open/start. I remain on the same screen. It is as if there is no code behind the button press.

I also tried syncing with iTunes in hopes this would "free" something up and allow things to start working but it did not.

Ricky

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that further information: it does sound very odd! I wonder whether a soft reset of the phone might help (i.e., press and hold the Home button and at the same time press and hold the Sleep button).

Stephen

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

I will try that and keep everyone posted.

• Hi @ramac34 ,

If 1Password isn't showing up on your phone, it definitely sounds like something is wrong with the phone. What about in Spotlight? If you pull down on your home screen and enter 1Password in the search field, does it find it then?

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

It finds it only in the App Store. It looks like an update came out today. It allowed me to update it. Once the update happened, there was no icon on my phone but in the App Store, when I searched for 1Password, it showed it me and gave me the Open button. I clicked it and again nothing

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to delete the app by going to General Settings/Usage/Manage Storage. I tried reinstalling the app again. This time during the install I clicked the Home button and watch the app install. Once it completed installing the icon simply disappeared. Of course, I tried this a couple times hoping for different results (and yes I know the definition of insanity). I have 1.7 GB of free space. I am really baffled.

• Hi @ramac34 ,

At this point, it sounds like something is wrong with iOS itself. 1Password can not control the presence of it's icon. You may want to contact Apple for support. My final suggestion would be to make a backup of your iPhone in iTunes, and then performing a restore on the entire iPhone. Apple may have an easier solution for you, so you may wish to contact them first.

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with you in spirit, however, other apps install and uninstall just fine. Understand I am not disagreeing with your assement just adding additional information that simply make this unusual. I also understand that if this was a 1Password issue that given iPhone population I surely wouldn't be the only experiencing this issue. Thanks for everyone's time.

• Ben
    Options

Please do let us know how you end up making out, @ramac34. I'd be interested in hearing what the solution is.

This discussion has been closed.