Sign in bug

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member

im. Pricing a bug on sign in. I'm using the latest version of 1Password on an iPhone 6. I noticed the same bug in the last version. I have TouchID enabled. When I open the app, it crashes if I hit "Cancel" to TouchID. It crashes over and over again. To get around it, you have to try your fingerprint, which in my case fails. For some reason, TouchID doesn't seem to hold. Fingerprints shouldn't change.

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Macorin,

Yes, unfortunately Apple made a change to the Touch ID prompt in the iOS 8.3 update. Previously there was an option to use your password. So you could use TouchID, your Password or "cancel" which implied you were no going to use 1Password (since you have to input your password of course). So cancelling quits the app.

Now that there is no option to input your password, the cancel button implies just cancelling the use of Touch ID, which should then fall over to have you do the Master Password. So we need to make that change in a version of 1Password in the future.

As for it not recognizing your finger. We have no idea. Even in using the TouchID authentication we don't get any access or information in regards to your registered fingerprints. It is entirely the domain of Apple. But you may consider re-entering the fingers you wish to use into iOS. I also noticed that when my fingers are wet or damp they don't register easily.

Hope this helps.

• bachya
    bachya
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @nathanvf – want to confirm that this (having "Cancel" fall back to master password entry) is on your roadmap and, if so, whether you have a rough timeline to release it?

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bachya,

I believe this is in the beta at the moment but cannot verify myself as my test iOS device doesn't have TouchID. I'm sure I remember hearing about this though which is why I think it's currently in the beta. Unfortunately I can't say when the beta may become the next public release or even guarantee that any particular change in the beta does make it to the next stable release. I wouldn't want to make a promise that can't be kept. Now this doesn't seem like an overly complex change so I would be surprised if it doesn't make it into the next stable but sometimes things just go wrong quickly and we need to pull the change or risk upsetting a lot of people.

I do apologise that I couldn't give a more precise timeline.

• bachya
    bachya
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables: No problem! Just happy to hear it's in the works. Thanks so much! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.