Cannot update

Barb Anderson
Barb Anderson
Community Member

1Password has not been popping up for quite some time.I tried to update and I repeatedly get this message-An Error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again, Which I have now done 4 times. I downloaded a new version of 1password and have not opened it as I don't know if I will have to buy it.
Please advise
Thank you for your time.
Barb

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you have already bought 1PW, you won't have to pay again for the new version, unless you happened to have only bought 1PW3 in which case there would be an upgrade fee.

But in any case 1PW will run even if not licensed, you just won't be able to edit or add passwords. If you have paid for 1PW, you might have to re-apply the license, but probably not.

Note that you should unzip the zipped file by double-clicking (which uses Apple's own Archive Utility) not a third-party utility, which can sometimes cause problems.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Barb Anderson: Sorry for the confusion! danco is correct, but I will also add that since we offer a free trial of 1Password, in the event that a license fee is required, you won't be charged simply by opening the app.

Also keep in mind that once you buy version of 1Password, you don't ever need to pay again to continue using that version. If, however, you want to upgrade to a newer product (a major release like 1Password 5) from an older version, there may be a cost. But we also offer upgrade pricing in many cases as well.

If you can tell us what OS, browser, and 1Password version you're using, we'll be happy to get this sorted out for you. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.