1Password 4 on iPad repeatedly quits on launch. Always request report.

Options
exsfdarryl
exsfdarryl
Community Member

Program runs fine on my iPhone but on iPad repeatedly quits unexpectedly at launch. I don't remember anything happening that would cause this all of a sudden. I have tried shutting the iPad down and restarting it in every way I know how none of which does any good. Perhaps you can give me some Way to get up and running again. Will appreciate anything you have thank you.
Darryl Lund

Comments

• MrRooni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Good morning @exsfdarryl, I'm sorry for the trouble you're running into on your iPad. Can you give me a little more information about when 1Password is crashing; does it happen before or after you enter your Master Password?

• exsfdarryl
    exsfdarryl
    Community Member
    Options

Program runs fine on my iPhone but on iPad repeatedly quits unexpectedly at launch. I don't remember anything happening that would cause this all of a sudden. I have tried shutting the iPad down and restarting it in every way I know how none of which does any good. Perhaps you can give me some Way to get up and running again. Will appreciate anything you have thank you.
    Darryl Lund

• exsfdarryl
    exsfdarryl
    Community Member
    Options

IPad will open lock screen and displays "enter Master password" but will not accept any entry and then crashes. One password works fine on my iPhone.

How do I learn how to use the forum? It is totally changed since the last time I used it. Program won't launch on my iPad and I would really like to contact a support person using email. Is that possible?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can email support@agilebits.com but the preferred method of obtaining reasonably quick support (even at the weekend :) ) is the way you have chosen by posting here.

Please confirm the iOS version you're running on your iPad and also the version of 1P that you're using on it (go to the 1P Settings screen and look towards the bottom of that screen for the version number).

At the same time please tell us how you sync your 1P data between your phone and your iPad—and whether you currently have a complete set of your 1P data on your phone (or, indeed, on any other device apart from your iPad).

Stephen

• exsfdarryl
    exsfdarryl
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen, 5.4.1 is the IOS currently running on my iPhone. I can't start 1P on my iPad up so I don't know what version that is but I'm assuming it would be the same as the iPhone. I'm using iCloud to perform the Sync. By the way, when the unexpected crashes occurred I reported affirmatively as to sending a report to you.
    On my Mac Mini the latest software I can run is Version 10.7.5 and the 1P version is 3.8.22 (build 32010). I SYNC my iPhone and iPad over iCloud.
    My Mac data file is located on dropbox at one password.agilekeychain. My datafile back up is done to 1password Back ups. I haven't been concerned with syncing the Mac and not even sure I've set it up. I'll have to check on that. I hope this is helpful Stephen and I'll look forward to your response.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the additional information which I'm sure will be helpful to someone rather more expert than I am. :) I can't for the moment understand why 1P crashes on your iPad but you've certainly done the right thing in submitting the crash reports.

If your 1P data is complete and up to date on your phone (but not otherwise) I'd be inclined to try deleting 1P on your iPad (which, note, will delete all of your 1P data on your iPad), re-install 1P on the iPad and re-sync with the phone. Make a backup of the iPad 1P data first just in case anything goes horribly wrong.

Let's leave the Mac out of the equation for the time being as it's running a rather old version of 1P (although there's nothing wrong with that, of course, so long as it continues to work).

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Darryl ( @exsfdarryl ),

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. As Mr.Rooni suggests above, we'll need a bit more detail in order to track this down:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (This can be found in the Settings menu, below the 'Recommend 1Password' option)
    • What is the version number of your operating system?
    • Does the crash occur after you start typing your Master Password, or when the Touch ID pop-up appears?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@exsfdarryl I have merged the other thread you started with this one because otherwise confusion will reign with people trying to help you in both threads.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, Stephen_C! :) :+1:

@exsfdarryl: I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I am a bit confused. It sounds like you're saying you're using 1Password 5 on the iPhone with iCloud Sync, 1Password 4 on the iPad also with iCloud Sync, and 1Password 3 on the Mac with Dropbox Sync.

I hope there's been some miscommunication or misunderstanding here, since 1Password 5 iCloud Sync requires iCloud Drive (iOS 8 and Yosemite only), 1Password 4 cannot sync using iCloud, and if 1Password 3 is syncing using Dropbox I'm not sure what it's syncing to exactly. All three devices should be able to sync together using Dropbox, however, so that may be the way to go.

If you can give us the rundown of each device's OS and 1Password versions we should be able to get all of this sorted out for you. And if one device in particular has all of your 1Password for sure, that will give us a good jumping off point. For instance, if 1Password is crashing and unusable on your iPad and you have all of your data elsewhere, you can reinstall 1Password on the iPad to resolve the issue if the app is damaged, and then sync everything back afterward.

Please let m know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.