if i buy a license is it good for a year or lifetime

Options
squashmalevn
squashmalevn
Community Member

is the price something you have to pay every year or just once.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just once.

There might at some point be a paid upgrade (upgrade from version 4 to version 5 was free, but upgrade from version 3 to version 4 was paid).

When you upgrade the operating system (either because you want new features or because you bought a new computer which required a new OS) it is possible that an old version of 1PW may not work with the new OS. But again 1PW3 works on the Mac OS 10.10, despite it being a very old version of 1PW. As long as your 1PW will work on the OS you are using, there is no further charge.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @squashmalevn,

The information from danco is correct, and I just wanted to add a bit more information about that:

When you purchase 1Password, your license for the purchased version will never expire and you will receive all point updates for free. For example, if you buy a license for 1Password 5 for Mac, updates for version 5.x (i.e. version 5.3, 5.4, and so on) will be free. A new version such as 1Password 6 for Mac might be a paid upgrade (although we've been known to make some upgrades free for existing users). We don't force you to upgrade and you can continue using your licensed version for as long as your computer's operating system supports it. There are no separate maintenance or subscription fees.

You can find more information about how 1Password licenses work here.

I hope this helps to answer your question! Please let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.