reconciling iOS and mac and 1pw4 1pw5

Options
tinroof
tinroof
Community Member

i have been using dropbox for sync (would like iCloud but iCloud does NOT appear in preferences - support indicates it would) i have an old 1pw 4 and newer 1pw5 and several iOS devices.

i want to get them all in sync and get rid of 1pw4 - when i set the pre in iOS it indicates there are 2 vaults (don't understand why) and urges me NOT to merge. (don't understand why)

i am afraid of deleting info obviously and need help getting the multiple computers and devices synching through a single easy system.

all are macs - all software purchased from agile bits - macs don't allow iCloud as discussed.

is there any way to get help

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tinroof,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data between your Macs and iOS devices!

i have been using dropbox for sync (would like iCloud but iCloud does NOT appear in preferences - support indicates it would)

iCloud sync is only available in the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac. We have more information about that here: I do not see the option to sync with iCloud in 1Password for Mac

i have an old 1pw 4 and newer 1pw5 and several iOS devices.

i want to get them all in sync and get rid of 1pw4

I'm not quite sure what you mean about getting rid of 1Password 4. Where is version 4 installed that you want to remove it? If you have both 4 and 5 installed on your Macs, you should be able to simply drag the version 4 app to the Trash (but don't use any app cleaning utilities). On your iOS devices, it shouldn't be possible to have 1Password 4 and 5 installed at the same time. Can you please elaborate on what you mean about that? It will also help if you can let us know how many Macs and iOS devices you're using, and which version of 1Password is installed on each one.

when i set the pre in iOS it indicates there are 2 vaults (don't understand why) and urges me NOT to merge. (don't understand why)

It sounds like you're getting a Vault Mismatch warning when trying to enable Dropbox sync. I'm sorry for any confusion about that message! That warning appears just in case you have multiple vaults in Dropbox or on the iOS device, so you don't accidentally merge two completely different vaults together. We have more information about that message here: 1Password reports a “Vault Mismatch”

If you are sure you're choosing the correct vault from Dropbox, you can go ahead and choose to merge it with the vault on the iOS device.

i am afraid of deleting info obviously and need help getting the multiple computers and devices synching through a single easy system.

When you choose to merge, it will sync the items in the vault on your iOS device with the items in the vault in Dropbox, so you have all your items in both places. Nothing will be deleted unless you've specifically chosen to delete it. If you're worried about doing that, remember that you can make a backup of your data on your Mac(s) and iOS device(s) before merging. On a Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to File > Backup to create a current backup of that data. On an iOS device, you can create a backup by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Thanks!

• tinroof
    tinroof
    Community Member
    Options

I merged (only 19 different files) then it worked.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great, I'm glad to hear the sync is working for you now! :)

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always glad to help.

This discussion has been closed.