Unable to Move an Item to a New / Different Folder

Options
gcv
gcv
Community Member

I am using 1Password 5. I need to move an item from one existing folder to another. I looked at the 1Password 5 guide and it indicates that if I control click or right-click on an item it will give me this option. The guide says I can also drag and drop the item between folders. When I try this, I don't see the same drop down menu you show in the product guide. When I drag and drop nothing happens. I apparently don't have the option of relocating a file to a different folder - unless I am doing something totally wrong. How can I accomplish what I want to do?

Comments

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member
    Options

OK. With a bit more effort I figured it out. I was mistakenly dragging my items to the item "categories", and not the item "folders."

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gcv,

Thanks for following up to let us know how it turned out! Sorry for any confusion about that - each Category in the left sidebar of 1Password will show all items of the same type. So, Logins will show all the Login items you've created, Secure Notes will show you all the Secure Note items you've created, and so on. Each type of item is different, so items can't be moved from one Category to another. However, as you discovered, you can move an item from one folder to another, just like you could normally do with files on a computer.

If you have more questions, please let us know - we're always glad to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.