iOS Safari extension doesn't sync

JefT
JefT
Community Member

Background:
In my 1Password vault, I have an existing Login for say www.gmail.com (Login #1). This has existed for a long time, and is fully synced across all devices.

Issue
1. On my Mac, I create a new Login for gmail (Login #2). I wait and let 1Password sync with Dropbox.
2. Then on my iPhone, I go to www.gmail.com in Safari. I pull up the 1Password extension and authenticate. I should see Login #1 and Login #2, but I only see Login #1.

It seems the iOS extension never syncs. When I open up the actual 1Password iOS app then return to the extension, the new Login #2 finally appears. Is this a limitation with the extension or a bug?

Comments

• jackiam
    jackiam
    Community Member

Make sure that 1password is open on your iPhone. Check in 1password to see if sync to iCloud is enabled. Then try the extension again.

• Hi @JefT,

The extension itself doesn't sync. It just reads the data from the 1Password database already on the device. The main app is required for sync.

Thanks!

• JefT
    JefT
    Community Member

@bwoodruff Thanks for the answer.

Would it be possible to add a syncing mechanism to the extension? It seems like a big hassle to open the main app, authenticate, wait for it to sync, then hop back to Safari, reopen the extension, authenticate, then see the new Logins.

• Hi @JefT,

I'm not sure that is technically feasible at the moment, but I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our developers.

Thanks!

Ben

• JefT
    JefT
    Community Member

Hello, I just wanted to follow-up and find out whether this is an upcoming feature, or if it's not technically possible to implement. Thanks!

• I'm not aware of any specific plans at this point, but I have passed the feedback along.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.