nyt.com and llbean.com filling issues (iOS)

Options
WoodyBrown
WoodyBrown
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I am running ios 8.3 on my ipad and have 1password app 5.4.1. When trying to sign in to a given site on Safari, I can open 1password but when I open the vault and click on the site, neither the username nor pasword is filled in and the 1password window disappears.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @WoodyBrown,

Is this just happening with one particular site or with all of them? If it is just one site, could you please provide the URL?

• WoodyBrown
    WoodyBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Not all, but most. Two examples: NYT.com & LLBEAN.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@WoodyBrown: Sorry for the trouble! On nyt.com 1Password can't automatically fill it when the page loads because you need to tap the "Log In" button to bring up the form first. A better option is to use the URL for the actual login page. I was able to save a new login here and have 1Password fill it.

1. Navigate to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/auth/login
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap your new login item to have 1Password fill it

llbean.com on the other hand doesn't seem to have a proper login page (that I could find at least). And since the login form comes up in a frame, 1Password isn't able to access it to fill the username and password. This works just fine on the Mac since it doesn't have some of the limitations of Mobile Safari. I'm reporting this to the development team to see if there may be a way to get this working in the future. But in the mean time you can copy and paste your email address and password either within 1Browser or using the 1Password extension in Safari. I hope this helps! :)

ref: OPI-2670

This discussion has been closed.