Hii, New to 1 Password. I have downloaded on my mac but am having problems synching to my IPad

Options
GranPete
GranPete
Community Member

So I decided to do the 30 day 1 Password trial. Downloaded to my Mac, and added a few web sites. Then wanted to synch to my iPad but don't want to use iCloud. I read on your site I could do this via USB but not working for me. Tried to download the USB sync tool but told "I don't have permission". Then set up an account on Agilebits. Got an email saying successfully registered but needed to confirm email. Clicked to confirm only to be told "we couldn't confirm" but given the option to send another confirmation. Clicked to confirm again then get message saying my email doesn't need confirming! Seems suspiciously like Catch 22
So how can I get Password on my iPad as well as my Mac without using iCloud?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You need to set up wifi sync. For that your devices need to be on the same wifi network and running (if I recall correctly) at least 1P4/1P5 on each.

USB sync doesn't work any more with the latest versions of 1P.

If you have more questions it will be helpful just to confirm exactly what versions of 1P you have on your Mac (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there) and on your iPad (you'll find the version number towards the bottom of the Settings screen).

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GranPete,

I'm happy to hear you're trying out 1Password! :)

It sounds like you found some old information referring to syncing via USB, as the USB Sync tool beta was retired in favor of Wi-Fi Sync (about a year and a half ago, I believe), so USB sync is no longer supported. The short story is that the USB Sync tool used a few undocumented APIs which resulted in some crashes and other issues that we couldn't resolve. I'm very sorry for the confusion about that!

However, the good news is that there are other sync options aside from iCloud. If you have 1Password installed on your Mac and iPad, you can sync them using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync.

If you have more questions or need any help to set up one of the sync options, please let us know - we're always happy to help!

• GranPete
    GranPete
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back! In fact, after I posted my question I found the page dealing with Wi Fi sync and that has worked just fine.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GranPete,

Great, I'm glad Wi-Fi sync is working out for you! Thanks for letting us know.

I really hope you enjoy 1Password for Mac and iOS. If you have any questions or run into any problems, you know where to find us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.