Autofill three fields for login

Options

Is it possible to have 1Password 4 fill in three fields form me? I need to enter Username, Password and then PIN at an important site I visit.
1Password seems to only allow completion of two of my fields.

I'm using an OS 10.9.3 on my laptop. 1Password4 and firefox and chrome. Can you help fix this please?

Thanks.
Cheers.
Chris

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The usual way to do what you want is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried following that exact procedure?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chemgoody,

I moved your discussion to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum in case you need additional help with this.

Did the suggestion from Stephen help? When manually saving a new Login from the 1Password extension, the new Login item will record the additional fields as web form details, and should be able to fill them correctly for you. If you're still having trouble with that, would you be able to let us know the URL for the site in question? Thanks!

• chemgoody
    chemgoody
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice but nothing works yet. I tried Stephen's method several times but to no avail. Here is the site: https://ibis.ibo.org/index.cfm

Thanks again for any help. Cheers

• chemgoody
    chemgoody
    Community Member
    Options

btw yes it saves the fields as web form details, but then will not autofill.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chemgoody: Thanks for sharing that! I see what's going on here.

1Password is able to fill the username and password fields in spite of the field name 'randomization', because it can fill them by type instead. However, because the PIN field type is also 'password' and the website is 'randomizing' the field name for some reason (e.g. '527157pin', '868476pin'), 1Password can't match either. I guess they thought it was a good idea to set the type of two fields to 'password' to hide the input. :(

It is hard to tell 1Password to ignore the field name and fill anyway, as this can cause a lot of problems, but we will see if this can be improved in the future. For now 1Password can fill the username and password for you (and store all of the information), but you will need to enter your PIN manually.

This discussion has been closed.