iOS not syncing to Mac

Options
dhodges00
dhodges00
Community Member

Current 1P on current Yosemite iMac (2 user accounts), iPhone 6-plus and iPhone 5 (current iOS8, each).
Finally synced all 4 copies successfully through Dropbox on Monday. (Had trouble finding the correct agilebits file in Dropbox prior to that.)
Each device’s 1P now showed 293 items.
Added new item Tuesday morning via iPhone 6-plus.
New item is in iPhone 6-plus, only. Not in any other device (all show as recently synced, seconds ago)
In addition iPhone 6-plus shows only 291 items!!! Even though its newly added item is in there. So it was at 293, plus 1 equals 294, minus 3 equals 291? Wonder which 3 are now missing?
All other devices still show 293, because they don’t have the newly added iPhone 6-plus item

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @dhodges00,

Is it possible that you are syncing to two different files on Dropbox? In each of your iMac's user accounts, open 1Password and go to Preferences > Sync

Make sure the path is the same in each account. It should look something like:
    Username1 > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

If each user name on your Mac has a distinct dropbox account, then one path will be different, and setup according to your shared setup. For example,
    Username2 > Dropbox > SharedFromUsername1 > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain

Assuming they are setup to all point to the same 1Password file on Dropbox, is it possible that items were deleted on another device (e.g. one of the users on the iMac), and that's why the item count went down?

• dhodges00
    dhodges00
    Community Member
    Options

Hayek- to my relief, I had set 4 devices and they all showed 293 items. Now when I added a iPhone new item into one password it does not show up on the other three devices

• dhodges00
    dhodges00
    Community Member
    Options

And yes I had them all synced all were operable

• dhodges00
    dhodges00
    Community Member
    Options

All to the same and agile bits file

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dhodges00,

Do items you add/edit on the iPhone 6 Plus show up in 1PasswordAnywhere? You can read about that here:

https://support.1password.com/1passwordanywhere/

If not then the iPhone 6 Plus is not syncing to Dropbox properly.

• dhodges00
    dhodges00
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Just getting back to this. Thanks for the tips hayesk & bwoodruff and you were correct. As methodical as I thought I had been, somehow the 6-plus had been flipped over to sync via iCloud.

Sorry for the cryptic replies of May 1 ("to my relief?"). Usin my iPhone, and in a hurry, and failed to notice some 'auto-correct' fails.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @dhodges00! Glad to hear you were able to get it fixed up.

This discussion has been closed.