Cannot use Android Dropbox App to access 1password

Options
bgsuisu
bgsuisu
Community Member

This is strange. (I am also a new user to 1password.) I can access my 1password file when I open the desktop Dropbox from my android devise. But when I use the android apk and login I get an "open with" pop up and I choose internet and then the "problem loading 1password data file" pops up. Did I miss the instructions on this process as I can access my password information when not using the native APK dropbox app on android.

Thank you!

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @bgsuisu. When you open the 1Password.html file in your web browser, you are using 1PasswordAnywhere. 1PasswordAnywhere allows you to access your data file in Dropbox from anywhere in the world without using the 1Password application. All you need is your 1Password data on Dropbox and an internet connection.

1PasswordAnywhere is designed to be viewed directly from the Dropbox website because most modern browsers have restrictions on web pages stored on your local disk. That's why you're seeing the error when you try opening the 1Password.html file directly from the Dropbox application, and not Dropbox's website.

If you would like to view your 1Password information on your Android device, I would recommend using the 1Password application!

• bgsuisu
    bgsuisu
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Should this information be put in your operating instructions? Thank you for your prompt reply!

• saad
    Options

You're very welcome. We have this information highlighted on our support page for any other users experiencing problems with opening 1PasswordAnywhere from their local disk.

Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.