Not sure if this is a bug.

Options
jackiam
jackiam
Community Member

I bought 1 password 4 a year ago and some how pro syncs with family sharing. Not sure how but I can download it on a phone with a different App Store ID. And I get pro.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1 password 4 a year ago

I am a little confused by your post because the only version of 1P for iOS that has an in app purchase to enable pro features is 1P5 for iOS. Family sharing doesn't currently extend to in app purchases (unless Apple has recently made a change of which I'm not aware).

Stephen

• jackiam
    jackiam
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1password 4 and now I have pro on every device

• jackiam
    jackiam
    Community Member
    Options

That uses family shareing

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mean the version of 1P referred to here on Macworld? Is the icon you have the same as the icon shown there?

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

These are the different versions of 1Password for iOS that are / have been available:

1Password 5 for iOS' Pro features cannot be shared via Family Sharing as Family Sharing does not allow for sharing of any in-app purchases (this is an Apple restriction). If you are signed in on the same Apple ID on multiple devices you can access any in-app purchases you have purchased using that Apple ID.

Thanks!

• jackiam
    jackiam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome @jackiam. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.