Using non-english letters in password, keyboard is useless.

Options
louy
louy
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using some non-english letters in my password. This makes me unable to use the 1Password keyboard. I also write in multiple languages everyday (Arabic, English, Turkish and German) so I always need to switch my keyboard. 1P keyboard does not have a quick method for switching to others and its so feature-poor no one would use it as his main keyboard. It's really inconvenient to tap the space bar a few seconds and then choose another keyboard from the popup menu in order to write in another language. I'm also really disappointed that you never thought about this. I hope you fix this as soon as possible (at least a quick switch button) and always consider non-English speakers in your development plans and tests.

Thank you,

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey there! Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your feedback. :)

The custom keyboard is a new implementation for us, and we know that there are a few kinks to work out, as well as some features that it's lacking. We do have an open issue to add support for localization, and I'll go ahead and add your vote to that.

We understand that customers probably don't want to use the custom keyboard for everything, which is why we recently added the shortcut (long press on spacebar) in order to quick switch between ours and your preferred keyboard for the time being. That said, we are definitely hoping to improve the keyboard in the future.

Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!

This discussion has been closed.