Mark read on forum

Options
tonydow
tonydow
Community Member

Small one for the wishlist. Add ability to mark a topic as read from within the topic as opposed to current place of alongside the topic title. Thanks.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Errm, if you're already in the topic then it will already be marked as read surely?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I agree - there should be a Mark Read control within each forum to mark that forum as read, as well as one at the top level to mark all forums as read.

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

@RichardPayne You can be in a topic (forum) without having read all the messages. There may be some that are obviously of no relevance or interest to you so it is easier to mark them all read while still viewing them.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, terminology problem. "Topic" is usually consider a synonym for "Thread" in forum terms. What you're talking about is usually called a "forum" or a "board".

Given the way you're using "Topic", I completely agree with you.

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

I don't mean to be pedantic but on this Forum (singular) if I'm looking at Lounge messages, for example, the trail back is to Topics which takes me back to a list of IOS, Windows etc. I was using the terminology in use on the Forum.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The terminology varies quite a bit across the webby-net. I wouldn't worry about it.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

i may have missed the answer, but is there a way to mark a thread (or discussion) as read without having to read it?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You can mark a Board read, but not a single thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Definitely something to consider. But I hope you guys aren't trying to zero your entire Twitter timeline too! :dizzy:

This discussion has been closed.