Older Releases hidden from view.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Not an issue but I've noticed that the Agilebits download page stopped listing older 1Password versions. I've also noticed that the Agilebits App Update page still lists the older versions.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

Would it be possible to streamline things so that it's easier to find?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I've just checked on our downloads page, and the older versions of 1Password are still available for download. You just have to scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Legacy versions (or click on the 'Using OS X Mavericks or earlier?') link below the download button. Are you seeing something different?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

@Megan I mean the really old version for PPC Macs that are missing. There was a discussion where a poster was looking for it and could not find it as it has been removed from the download page.

1Password 2 for Tiger and Leopard is missing from the download page.

You will have to scroll down to the end of the page with the link I provided.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@wkleem: Correct! We don't want anyone accidentally downloading the wrong version of 1Password and causing themselves grief. At this point we list "only" 1Password versions going back 5 years and 4 OSs (in the case of Mac OS X) on our main download page.

However, you (and anyone else) can always download pretty much any individual release (going back all the way to the beginning, I believe, with full release notes) at our updates site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

We just don't want to encourage folks to an obsolete version unless they absolutely need to for some reason. After all, Apple hasn't made PowerPC Macs for nearly 10 years, and PowerPC apps won't even run (using Rosetta) in anything later than Snow Leopard. And if you're on Snow Leopard, well...we have a better option for you anyway. I hope this helps! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I was on Tiger/Leopard for a long time. Perhaps too long. Jumped to Snow Leopard/Lion to get the App Store. I am now testing Yosemite.

Thanks for input.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

My apologies for misunderstanding! I'm glad that Brenty was able to give you the answer you were looking for. :)

This discussion has been closed.