Identities street address - house number as a separate field?

Options

Hi there,

think that situation doesn't exist in the US - so i couldn't find a solution for this.

In Europe most of the stores, services e.g. will ask you for your house number - NOT within the "street adresse" field but rather as a separate field.

Is there any option to edit the fields in an "identity" ?

Cause my english isn't good i'll give you an example

US-Style
Town: New York
Postal: 45832´
Street: Mainstreet 342

EU-Style
Town: Berlin
Postal: 01534
Street: Mainstreet
Housenumber: 342

As you can see - the house number will be often displayed as a "stand alone field" within any registration form

Any ideas?

Or may be you got the intention to realize this ?!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Maddeen,

Being based in the UK I tend to see a variety of both. Even better, all the flats in my block follow two different naming conventions depending on which database a company is querying. So depending on who I'm doing business with my flat and street information will fit on a single line or it has to span two (has to in that they won't accept anything else).

At the moment we mostly mimic Apple's formatting for addresses. I'm not going to say it's perfect but it allowed us examples of address formats for a wide range of countries. So for something like that I'm guessing your find Addresses in the Contacts application equally deficient?

Unfortunately altering an Identity item at the moment wouldn't help. 1Password mini uses certain fields when it comes to filling with a set of rules on how to fill these specific fields. All I can suggest is you could set the address up without your house number and then manually add it to the correct place but that isn't much of a workaround. Sorry I don't have any better suggestions for the moment :(

This discussion has been closed.