Two different passwords, one for the account and one for the customer account

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Lounge

Why do I have two different passwords, one for my account and one for the forum? If I am in my account and go to support and click on the windows forum I have to log in again and use the password set up for the forum??

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @Andrew42,

Am I correct to assume you're talking about the Agile Customer account for the web store? If yes, these are two separate services and not connected to each other.

If not, what do you mean when you say your account?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Am I correct to assume you're talking about the Agile Customer account for the web store? If yes, these are two separate services and not connected to each other.

You have to admit that it is hilariously ironic for the company offering "1Password" to require customers to have multiple accounts and multiple passwords for their services. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RichardPayne: Fair enough! :lol:

But I think it's good to keep license information separate than a login for a public forum. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's forum account was compromised just by staying logged in on a computer, and then this at least wouldn't grant someone malicious (or mischievous) access to their license information as well. Definitely a bit confusing at times though.

Fortunately, there's an app for that. ;)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I wouldn't be surprised if someone's forum account was compromised just by staying logged in on a computer

This is what session timeouts are for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

I wouldn't count on those for account security, especially in public places or on shared computers. :dizzy:

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Of course not but it does cover the odd forgetful moment.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah those aren't going to go away, are they? ;)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

No, quite the opposite in fact.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

:ohnoes:

This discussion has been closed.