1P won't fill in browser the first time (second works)

Options

I've had this problem for a while and it's not always consistent. It happens on Windows and Mac, both under Firefox. I will do a control/cmd-\ to auto-fill a username/password form. The first time it brings up the 1P dialog where it would list the matching sites but it doesn't match anything. I hit 'esc' and then do the control/cmd-\ again and it works as expected.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kbreit,

The intermittent issues are annoying aren't they. At this stage, anything you can tell us may help. The version of the OSes, 1Password, Firefox and the 1Password Firefox extension could all potentially prove useful but it sounds like an issue between the extension and Firefox given the cross-platform observations.

Other than those basics, any observations you might have could help narrow down the issue. For example, does it seem to happen more on some sites? If there's a problem on our end we'll certainly want to address it but as I'm sure you can understand, the more we can supply the developers the more focussed their investigation which increases the odds of success.

• kbreit
    kbreit
    Community Member
    Options

I've had this problem on Windows 7 and Yosemite (probably Mavericks back in the day too). I'm running the latest version of 1Password on both Mac and Windows and Firefox 36.0 on both of them as well.

I will need to track site frequency but it seems to happen on most sites. I just tried on a couple sites and it worked normally (go figure). I've seen it happen very frequently on cisco.com.

Because it's hard to track this down, I am going to keep a list of notes about when this happens and do some more diligent experimentation.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kbreit,

Anything you can discern may help. Prior to my last response I did check our bug tracker to see if there was any known issue and my searching didn't reveal anything. Of course that doesn't mean there isn't an issue but if it isn't happening to a lot of people it might mean recreating just the right situation is required. I'll check out cisco.com :smile:

This discussion has been closed.