1password isn't capturing custom field for log in

I'm trying to save 3 fields on Huntington.com - Company, Username, Password. Company is not getting captured. I tried creating a new login using the Save New Login menu item in the Chrome 1Password extension that I found here - http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/saving-logins-manually.html but that didn't work.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gerrykirk,

Now I haven't tested Chrome yet but I did try following our How to manually save a Login guide and it correctly recorded all three pieces of information and filled them when I reloaded the page to start from a clean slate.

Now what the manual save doesn't do is record the company field as a visible custom field. Instead what the extension and 1Password mini do between them is record all the fields on the webpage and these are stored in the web form details section of a Login item. If you open the main 1Password window and select your Login item for Huntington you should see a button titled show web form details. If you click on this you should see something like this.

Now my personal preference is to then manually add custom fields for the information I want to always have visible as I almost never look in the web form details section. Regardless, it should be recording all three pieces. Now it might be a version thing. I've tested this using 1Password for Mac 5.3 in Safari 8.0.6 and extension version 4.3.1. If your setup differs from mine please do let us know so we can test with your versions to see if something is different.

• gerrykirk
    gerrykirk
    Community Member

Didn't work for me, nothing in the web form details using either Chrome or Safari. I have 1Password 5.3.1, Safari 8.0.6, Chrome 42.0.2311.135 64-bit. Not sure how to check extension version, though I'm pretty certain it's the latest.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gerrykirk,

In Safari you can check the extension version by entering Safari's preferences and switch to the Extensions tab. In there selecting any extension in the list on the left hand side will show you the version number in the details pane on the right and in Chrome it can be found in Window > Extensions.

I do wonder if the extension is somehow involved here. At the moment it's the only unknown difference between what I tested and what you have and we should see identical results if we're both creating a new Login item when following the How to manually save a Login guide. I assume the URL I'm visiting is the correct one? I went to https://www.huntington.com and I clicked on the Business button in the little Login interface on the right. I entered my spoof information and when I saved the Login item created can be seen from that image. Very puzzling. Hopefully something you report back may give us a clue.

• gerrykirk
    gerrykirk
    Community Member

Extension is 4.3.1.9. Yes you did the same steps as me. Puzzling. I could try restarting my Mac...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gerrykirk,

Well I'll never disagree with a reboot, it's amazing the number if ails that can cure. If that doesn't have any affect can I ask a favour please.

I'd like you to first launch 1Password and enter the preferences. Switch to the Advanced tab and tick the checkbox for the option titled Show Item > Copy JSON menu item

Next I would like you to create a new and fake item for https://www.huntington.com/. I would suggest details like I used above, My Company ID, My User ID & My Password. Next I'd like you return to 1Password and edit the Login item, switching the submit setting from Submit when enabled to Never submit. Reload the login page and confirm that it doesn't fill like your previous attempts haven't.

Assuming it all behaves as it previously has, can you return to 1Password and with the test item selected use the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘J. This will copy the Extension JSON to the clipboard and I'd love to see it if you don't mind. As we're talking about a test item it will give nothing away about your real item.

It should look a little like this

{"uuid":"FF898FDE1DAF47F9AF195A79CB1ECA68","nakedDomains":["huntington.com"],"overview":{"title":"Huntington","url":"https:\/\/www.huntington.com\/"},"secureContents":{"backupKeys":["55ND7U5XURAOgxnoceNBqjktJMDYK1pD+++nui3\/kDNMQhGUpB92RUW6lMzhugmLE0tYx6iMT9CDkOyiKSuJPQ=="],"htmlForm":{"htmlMethod":"LB1"},"fields":[{"value":"","id":"searchInput;opid=__0","name":"question","type":"T"},{"value":"","id":"personal-username;opid=__6","name":"username","type":"T"},{"value":"","id":"personal-password;opid=__7","name":"password","type":"P"},{"value":"My Company ID","id":"business-company-id;opid=__9","name":"companyid","type":"T"},{"value":"My User ID","id":"business-user-id;opid=__10","name":"userid","type":"T","designation":"username"},{"value":"ASuperPassword!","id":"business-password;opid=__11","name":"password","type":"P","designation":"password"},{"value":"","id":"location;opid=__14","name":"zipcode","type":"T"}]}}

If you're wondering, I selected that entire block and then formatted it as code. Your formatting options are in the small editing drop down menu option next to the smiley when you're posting here.

I'm wondering if we can better understand why this isn't working for you when it is for me and we seem to be doing everything the same. Very strange indeed.

This discussion has been closed.