1password on android

mmcgill
mmcgill
Community Member

I recently started using 1password for my windows PC and iphone. Do I understand correctly that 1password is not fully functional for android devices.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

It depends what you mean. I think thevonly major features missing at the moment are multiple vault support, custom fields and support for the new opvault format.
    There are numerous smaller features missing and irritations like awkward access to the search feature.

• peri
    edited May 2015

Hey @mmcgill. :)

1Password 4 for Android is a freemium app, available in the Play Store. That is, you can install it for free, and then you'll have full functionality for 30 days. After 30 days, it essentially becomes a reader app, unless you unlock the premium features, which are available in an in-app purchase.

That said, 1Password 4 is indeed fully functional on Android. There are some features, like those Richard pointed out, which are not yet supported on Android. You can read about what features are supported here in our premium features FAQ.

I hope this helps answer your question! Let us know if you have any further questions or need any clarification!

• ChristianDan
    ChristianDan
    Community Member

I installed one password on my Android this week. I put the vault into Dropbox. It doesn't ask to remember passwords when I input them.

I have had 1Password on my Mac for three years or more. The vault is stored on the local drive. How can I move the vault on my Mac to Dropbox?

• Hi @ChristianDan. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help you get your Mac and Android synced up. :)

On your Mac, you have a 1Password browser extension. This extension prompts you when you enter a login on a new site to ask if you'd like to save that login. Due to the way mobile versions of browsers are designed, we don't have any extensions on Android which work quite the same way as on a Mac or PC. To save an item on your Android, you'll need to create that item within the app.

That said, you can certainly switch to Dropbox syncing on your Mac, so that both devices are syncing with the same vault. First, make sure that you have Dropbox installed and running on your Mac. Then you'll be able to switch over. Here's how:
    1. Open 1Password 5 on your Mac.
    2. From the menu bar, choose 1Password 5 > Preferences > Sync.
    3. Click the up/down arrows next to Folder sync.
    4. Choose Dropbox.
    5. Navigate to your Dropbox folder and locate the .agilekeychain.
    6. Select the .agilekeychain and press Enter.

This will merge your Mac and Android vaults. Let me know if you have any trouble with this, or if you have any further questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.