Bug reports

Options

Hi, could you comment on following

• when logging in to a website I haven't saved to 1Password, if I do not success at first login attempt, but success in the 2nd one, there will be two entries for that particular website (expected 1Password behavior: ask if user wants to create second entry OR if user wants to edit existing entry)

• some sites require state to be filled even if the country is not United States (DX.com for example). But 1Password does not allow state entry if the country is not USA.

• forms are not submitted automatically on iOS

• I have reported several site problems with your new tool, but haven't heard back and I cannot find a way to track my submission, is there one?

Thank you very much

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ollifi,

Hopefully I can help with some of the points you've raised.

1. By default we ask if you want to create a new Login item. The thinking is worst case scenario you have two Login items and you can delete one once you've determined which is the old one (the visible dates will be a clue as well as testing them). We could by default update a Login item but it was considered this would cause more confusion in the long run, even with password history being a part of your Login items.
    2. Thank you for the example site to make your point. I assume you're referring to Identity items. I'll take a peek :smile:
    3. You're correct, as of 1Password 5.4 for iOS we've removed the auto-submit function. You could say it was an Apple-styled decision. It was proving to be not just unreliable but could have an adverse effect so we've removed it on iOS until we can do it properly.
    4. Did you supply an email address at all when you reported a site? If you did and a solution or workaround is added to the database, everybody who left contact details will be emailed. If you didn't and would like to be contacted you can report a site again and this time leave a contact details. Oh and thank you for reporting any troublesome site you come across.

If you have any comments based on any of this response or follow up questions do please post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.