I wish 1P had the ability to save everything I type into a web browser.

...in the event the browser crashes or the site logs me out. I'm talking about a lengthy comment, a message, etc. I wouldn't trust any other program with logging my keystrokes.

I was just submitting a very lengthy insurance claim and my session timed out, the site thinking I was idle. I lost an hour's worth of annoying work. I was thinking, since 1P is already watching for login credentials, wouldn't it be great if it saved these things too! It could keep them securely encrypted in its database for a user-set period of time. Perhaps even make it searchable!

Wouldn't that be cool? And within 1P's capabilities (and mission).

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I wouldn't trust any other program with logging my keystrokes.

@nicolasdi: Wow! High praise indeed! :blush:

I was just submitting a very lengthy insurance claim and my session timed out, the site thinking I was idle. I lost an hour's worth of annoying work.

I know exactly what you mean. I hate when that happens! :(

While I'm not sure that this kind of logging behaviour is the direction that we want to go, we can certainly consider it for the future. But just to clarify, 1Password doesn't actually watch for login credentials; instead, it detects that a form is being submitted, and then it gets involved. And it doesn't save any information unless you tell it to. This is also why sometimes it will offer to save something that is very clearly (to you at least) not a login.

Sometimes it seems as though the browser itself caches your filled form data, which bothers me a bit because it isn't consistent. As I often write some fairly lengthy messages in the browser myself (here, for instance), I use a text editor for composing. In conjunction with automatic document saving in OS X, it's probably saved me a lot of trouble. Something worth trying. Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.