Confused...

markbrads
markbrads
Community Member

I have purchased the following:-

1Password Mac + Windows Bundle and 1Password and Password Manager and Secure Wallet for Mac via the app store. I want to sync via icloud but I guess this isn't possible? I purchased the later as it was the only way I could use icloud. Reasons are that I like the way RoboForm Everywhere works. I can see 1Password is a far superior product having been using a trial but the cloud sync is important to me. Can I use the Windows version with icloud?

Thanks

Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

1P for Windows will not sync 1P data using iCloud because Apple does not allow that. You can sync 1P data via iCloud from your Mac to an iOS device.

1P for iOS is a free download from the App Store accessed from your iOS device—with an in-app purchase to enable pro features (see https://support.1password.com/pro-features-faq/). If you make that in-app purchase on one iOS device you can enable the pro features without charge on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

1Password Mac + Windows Bundle and 1Password and Password Manager and Secure Wallet for Mac via the app store. I want to sync via icloud but I guess this isn't possible?

@markbrads: Stephen_C is correct: iCloud Sync is not available on Windows, for 1Password or otherwise.

Also keep in mind that 1Password for Windows is separate purchase, and of course it isn't available in the Mac App Store. ;)

While iCloud is not available on all platforms, Dropbox is, and you can use that instead to sync your 1Password data between your devices.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.