Bought MAC and Windows bundle

Options
ToeKnee
ToeKnee
Community Member

I bought the Mac and windows bundle and downloaded the iOS app do I have to buy the pro app as well for the iOS to use the pro features?

And I feel a been bummed that cross sync to all three platforms are downgraded due to cloud kit and iCloud functionally - should I have purchased from the App Store if I wanted all devices to work as the website describes?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The first thing to make clear is that 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are completely separate products.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about AgileBits' approach to software licensing in the knowledgebase:
    https://support.1password.com/license-requirements/mac.html#how-is-1password-licensed-

1P for iOS is a free download from the App Store accessed from your iOS device—with an in-app purchase to enable pro features. If you make that in-app purchase on one iOS device you can enable the pro features without charge on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

should I have purchased from the App Store if I wanted all devices to work as the website describes?

No. As the AgileBits store says:

Both versions support Dropbox sync (which many of the AgileBits staff use) and wifi sync (which I use without any problem).

Stephen

AG.jpg 29.1K
  • hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Also, since you have a Windows machine that you want to keep synchronized, iCloud won't be available to you in any case. Apple has not made the required protocols available to software that Apple doesn't sell itself through its app stores. Obviously, they do not sell Windows there. So Dropbox will be the only cloud solution for you, regardless of where you buy your version for OS X.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, folks. :)

This discussion has been closed.