Two username fields. Second one not remembered by 1Password.

I'm trying to get 1Password to save my credentials for logging into my bank.

URL is https://business.firstcitizens.com/cb/pages/jsp-ns/loginfcbnc.jsp

The issue is that it will remember the Customer ID field but not the User ID field.

How do I resolve this? I already attempted to save the login manually (as explained here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually)

Screenshot attached.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1.9
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Obermeyer
    Obermeyer
    Community Member

By the way, the password is entered on the page that follows this initial page.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Obermeyer,

Now can I ask, have you tried filling using the Login item that was created?

I ask because I tested the page out (thank you for the URL by the way) and it filled both fields first time, at least in Safari.

Now I'm wondering if it's the case of visibility that is the issue. A brief description of Login items is required here to better understand. A Login item has a few hardcoded fields, of which two are username and password. That's because the vast majority of sites require a single username and password, usually submitted via a single page. Obviously that doesn't cover all variations seen out there though. Now what gets submitted isn't actually the visible fields that you see when you look at a Login item from within 1Password. Instead the web form details section, normally hidden, is what gets submitted. Now the username and password fields, due to their importance have a special relationship with the web form details section but when I view the web form details for the Firstcitizens Login item it shows both the Customer ID and the User ID and both are filled in.

Now this next bit is just my personal preference, it's entirely up to the individual. When I have any odd site like this where I want to keep a easily visible record of both IDs I store the additional one in a custom field in that Login item. Now custom fields are not used in filling, these are for us as the user to store extra information as we feel is required. If you have multiple email addresses and use select ones for certain sites then a custom field can be an ideal way of keeping track of which sites use which email address. I also use custom fields for second layers of security e.g. security questions and answers. My goal is an item with everything visible that I care about. Despite all of that though, the web form details is what gets submitted.

Does that help at all and explain what you're seeing?

This discussion has been closed.