1Password new Cell Phone Account can't be found

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Please tell me where the new Cell Phone Account is located as I can't seem to locate it from within iOS or Mac 1Password versions.

Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Are you asking about a separate Category for storing information about cell phone accounts? There isn't a separate category for that. If you are asking about something else, could you clarify, please?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I'm referring to something that I saw on a 1Password for Windows/Mac update.

Windows
    Added new custom field type: Phone. {OPM-3101}

Mac
    5.4.Beta-16
    Custom fields can be created for phone numbers. {OPM-3101}

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Those would be fields within records in existing categories that you would create to hold phone numbers. In edit mode, access as shown in this image:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow. Very nice, hawkmoth!

@wkleem: Indeed, the type: phone listed in the release notes is for field data formatting. Sorry for the confusion! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for clarifying. I would still love to see a Login with the Cellphone category in it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@wkleem: No problem. Could you elaborate on what you're looking for exactly? Perhaps an example would help me wrap my head around it.

If you mean of logging into the website of a cell phone carrier, a Login item should cover it. I've got one each for Verizon and AT&T. After all, a login is a login! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, I believe that 1Password has merged Accounts with Logins so that "Accounts" are now redundant. I was thinking more about IMEI, Warranty, PUK, ID (WindowsPhone, Nokia (now defunct),

Someone in the Windows Discussion Forum has outlined it well:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/41999/cell-phone-accounts#latest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah yes, I see! Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I actually store this information in custom fields in the login items themselves, so I have everything in one place. Previously I kept these as separate Secure Notes items, but I quickly found that having it all split among multiple items was a bit cumbersome (for me at least).

While the primary purpose of categories is that they are used for specific things (filling Logins and Credit Card, for example), we will see if we can add more flexibility to categories in the future to allow for more customization. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-1643

This discussion has been closed.