Multiple Login URLs problem

mlndza
mlndza
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

I created a login for my Apple account in 1P. I hope I could login iCloud and Apple ID with one login, but it only matches the first URL and doesn't work for the rest URLs. If I put iCloud in the first place, for example, 1P will not match the page of Apple ID, and vice versa.

How can I solve this problem? Such situation occurs not only for Apple, many websites have multiple different root domain names but share one account. Thank you!

Chrome: 43.0.2357.81 m

1Password Version: 4.5.0.573
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 pro 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlndza,

I think I have the solution :smile:

If you enter 1Password's preferences (it's in the menu bar with a cog icon) and switch to the Logins tab you will see a checkbox for an option titled Enable multiple URLs. If you tick that box you should find Login items with multiple URLs behave as you would expect them to.

Knowing the dev, I suspect there was good reason why this isn't enabled by default but what that reason is I can't say. I've rarely seen any of their decisions be anything but calculated. You may not agree with all of them but there is usually thought in every one.

Anyway, that's an aside. Hopefully that option will sort you out but if you continue to have any problems please do let us know :smile:

• mlndza
    mlndza
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks a lot for your help! And yes, as you said, I believe that there must be some reasons why it is not enabled by default, though I hope it is. Anyway, many thanks again!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad we could help @mlndza :smile:

This discussion has been closed.