How do I transfer my license to Android?

vonkanehoffen
vonkanehoffen
Community Member

So I already bought 1Password via the App Store on my Mac. Now the version I have on my Android phone is saying I only have 5 days of my "free trial" left. Presumed the Android version was free for a start, but I guess not, so how do I let it know about my existing license?

Cheers :-)

1Password Version: 4.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @vonkanehoffen! :) The license for 1Password on Mac only applies to the Mac version of 1Password. Our pricing model involves charging per platform to keep costs down. If we offered a universal license, we would have to charge a lot more, because we still have to support development costs of each platform. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. As well, we offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future.

At this time we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Google's Play Store and is linked to your Google account. I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• mtoto
    mtoto
    Community Member

Wow, so can you tell me why on Earth would I pay for 1Password if I can use keychain for free if I am an Apple user.

• Whether or not you choose to use 1Password is entirely up to you of course. :) People always have different wants and needs in password management, so it's up to each person to decide what works best for them.

I can't speak much to Apple's Keychain, but I can definitely say what's awesome about 1Password.

1Password is developed natively for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, so we support many platforms rather than just one. We have an incredibly secure and private design, a great password generator, in-app filling on iOS, Android, and Windows, as well as the ability to fill logins on websites.

Also, as someone with the inside scoop, I can honestly say that we deeply care about our customers, and about their security.

Personally, I use 1Password all the time. I rely on it and it's been a game changer for me. I have no problem paying for good software, and 1Password is something I definitely feel is worth the cost.

This discussion has been closed.