Editing Secure Notes is pretty broken at the moment

Options
ZamboniMan
ZamboniMan
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

Version 5.4.2 running on an iPad Air 2 (128GB) with iOS 8.3.

Not sure when this changed but this morning I tried to edit a couple of notes and there are a few things that are pretty broken in this version.

• Portrait view truncates the visible note and doesn't let you scroll at all to see the rest of it. Change the orientation to landscape and you can now see the entire note.
  • Trying to edit in landscape or portrait view prevents you from changing the location of the cursor. The keyboard covers half the screen and you can only see the bottom of the note but the cursor is out of view. Trying to touch or touch and hold to change the location of the cursor makes the note bounce down for a fraction of a second and then it bounces back up without changing anything.

Needless to say, this makes editing notes almost impossible for those of us with very limited vision given that the Mac OS App Store version hasn't changed its color scheme or font control yet. I had been relying on using the iPad while I wait for the other version to be updated but now this leaves me without the ability to change anything.

Hopefully you're already aware of this problem and close to putting out a fix for this soon. I don't relish the idea of going back to post-it notes while I wait for the ability to update all my notes in 1Password.

Another thing comes to mind. I only recently upgraded from an iPad 4th Gen to the iPad Air 2. I can see from modified timestamps that I was able to successfully edit notes a week ago before I made the switch to the new iPad.

I've also already tried deleting 1Password, reinstalling, restoring my pro purchases and syncing the vault over WiFi to see if was just a bad state from restoring my old iPad backup to the new iPad. No difference in behavior.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Archer50
    Archer50
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Can see all of notes on iPhone (iOS 8.3). When in edit mode can see all characters in field. When viewing in portrait mode can only see upper portion. No option to scroll in field.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I do apologize; we are aware of these difficulties with Secure Notes. We currently have a bug filed and are working on improving the overall experience with Secure Notes.

I don't have an estimate currently as to when these improvements will be available, but there do seem to be some improvements in the current beta.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.