Secure notes in favorites, categorization, etc

Options
tjcarter
tjcarter
Community Member

hi guys,

Although it really doesn't seem to be intended to be used that way, I use secure notes a lot for general purpose note writing. I very much appreciate having them securely stored in my vault. That said, I'm beginning to accumulate quite a few of them now, and while I can add categories, the existence of a category on a note in no way affects organization or presentation in any way. I can't even add them to favorites if there's a note I need to keep coming back to.

Am I missing something here, or is this something you guys are going to do something with at some point but haven't finished yet?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjcarter,

You should be able to flag a Secure Note as a Favourite. It isn't on the Edit screen though but just when you're viewing the item. At the bottom of a Note I have three options, Add to Favourites, Move to Folder & Share Secure Note. Do you see these? Now flagging it as a favourite item simply means it will also appear in the Favourites tab so I just want to make sure that is indeed what you were looking/hoping for.

Now in terms of Tags and Folders, these simply represent a way to group certain items together. All the Secure Notes will still appear in the Secure Notes category because this is hardcoded into the item but it does mean they will also appear in the Organise tab too. I get the feeling I'm not quite understanding what you hope to see though. It's just a feeling but I believe you're looking for more than this. Maybe with a better idea of what you wanted we can go from there?

I love the tee-shirt you seem to be sporting in that image by the way :wink:

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member
    Options

On the iPhone, yes.
    On the iPad, … only for shorter notes. If the note is too long and scrolls beyond one screen full of text, those options are not show.

Bug identified! :)

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjcarter,

even for long notes you should be able to scroll to the 'Add to Favorites' button. As soon as you start scrolling a long note the view gets adjusted so you can scroll to the buttons as well. Just grab the light grey area under the long note and scroll to the top.

Hope that helps.

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member
    Options

As I said, I should be able to and it seems that I can on the iPhone. On the iPad (Air) however, I cannot. Telling me that I can do that when I have already said that I have double-checked and found that I cannot doesn't r ally help me much. Additional detail that may affect things: I use Apple's accessibility features to increase system font sizes, and these larger text sizes are used by 1Password for displaying secure notes. So if it works for other people but not for me, that would possibly explain why. The text box may not be able to scroll up enough because the container figures it is smaller than it is, or the buttons are underneath the not box, or something.

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member
    Options

I have added Agile's latest blog entry to a Demo vault here for illustration. I cannot scroll any lower than this. It just will not move past here. No better in portrait mode.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @tjcarter ,

Thanks so much for getting back to us with those additional details! I did some testing here on my iPad mini, and I was seeing the same thing and thought for sure that it was a bug, so I pinged one of our developers to figure out what's up. Turns out, if you tap right on that little grey bar below the note, you can indeed scroll the rest of the way down below the note to access those 'Add to Favourites' and other options.

I've annotated your screenshot to show what we mean when we say 'little grey bar':

Of course, this is clearly not ideal behaviour, because it's not immediately obvious to the user (or to some of us on the support team either) so we do have an improvement request open for this. I've added your vote to the request and let the team know you'd love to see this dealt with as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if that little grey bar is working differently for you than it is for me!

ref: OPI-2682

• tjcarter
    tjcarter
    Community Member
    Options

That seems an effective workaround for the time being. On the iPhone, it's not necessary to do this, which might help the development team a bit.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjcarter,

Thanks for your patience as we get this resolved. :)

This discussion has been closed.