AmEx charges for 1Password

Options
Vandeventer1
Vandeventer1
Community Member

I signed up for 1Password on my iPhone 6 Plus. Expected AmEx charge. None. Is it free?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't actually "sign up" for 1PW, as it is not a service that you subscribe to.

It is a program that you download. 1PW for iOS is free in its basic form, but there is an in-app purchase that provides additional features.

There are also 1PW for Mac, and Windows, and Android, which are programs to be purchased should you need them. We'll give you more information if you want.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vandeventer1,

Hopefully you found danco's post useful.

1Password for iOS uses the freemium model. You can download the basic version for free but we hope you enjoy it and consider purchasing the Pro features via the in-app purchase.

That's just the iOS platform. 1Password is available on other platforms but each platform is licensed independently. So 1Password for iOS, even if you also purchase the Pro features won't cover you on the other platforms.

On Mac and Windows you can try a trial version from our AgileBits Download page where you can play with the application for 30 days before making a decision. You can then purchase a licence from our AgileBits Store or if iCloud Sync is important you would need the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac (iCloud Sync is only available for applications or apps obtain direct from Apple - see Should I buy 1Password from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store?).

What you're purchasing in each instance is a licence to run 1Password. You don't have an account with us and we don't store any of your data. When you create a vault to store your data the vault is only on that device unless you set up syncing to something like Dropbox or iCloud (see above about iCloud Sync). It's one of the things many of our users like about 1Password - your vault is totally under your control and it's only wherever you tell 1Password to keep it.

You may very well have a bunch of questions after that and if you do please ask away and we'll do our best to answer them :smile:

• Vandeventer1
    Vandeventer1
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks to dance and littlebobbytables...I plan to buy the app for my new Mac laptop coming in a few weeks and for my home computer. Very helpful responses. pv

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear they were able to help. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.