Where are my synced logins when using iOS Safari?

Options
douglerner
douglerner
Community Member

I notice that syncing of logins with my Mac and iOS via DropBox occurs very smoothly - when using the 1Password app in iOS.

However, if I'm using iOS Safari none of my synced logins show up via the "share -> 1Password" feature.

Is there a way to have them show up to use in Safari as well? There are some sites which don't recognize or allow the 1Password built-in browser.

Thanks,

doug

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Forgive me just for checking one thing: you have actually enabled the 1P Safari extension, have you? See this knowledge base article:

Enable the extension

Apologies if you've already done that but if you have I can't see any reason why the 1P data would appear in the in-built 1P browser but not in Safari—so that's why I mentioned it.

Stephen

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your message. Yes - it is enabled, and was moved, as suggested, to be the first item. So I can see the extension - it's just that none of my logins show up. I have about 150 showing up in the app itself, and on my Mac. But they don't show up in the extension.

doug

• Ben
    Options

Hi @douglerner,

By design logins will only appear when you are on the page that the login is for when using the Safari extension.

Thanks!

Ben

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

But... how do you get to the page without seeing the logins? :)

In the iOS app, and in the Mac app and in the Mac browser extension you can select the login to go to the page and login.

But in iOS Safari how do you get to the page if you can't see the synced logins? Create 150 bookmarks?

Thanks,

doug

• oldgnome
    oldgnome
    Community Member
    Options

douglerner - you may be confusing the password extension with a bookmarked link. In my experience, 1Password (as mentioned by bwoodruff) will only become available when it is actually needed and useful. You need to go to the login page first. Otherwise, 1Password won't know which ID and password combination to use. 1Password won't take you to the login page. You do need to create bookmarks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @douglerner ,

@oldgnome and @Bernfrin have given you some great advice here. :) It's true, the 1Password app extension for iOS isn't quite as versatile as the Mac browser extension. At this time iOS App Extensions cannot open URLs in Mobile Safari, so it is not possible to provide the same experience on iOS as we do in the desktop browser. I like the suggestion of going to 1Password and opening the URL in Safari right from the item details. Of course, if you're already in mobile Safari, you will have to type that URL in manually ... or use bookmarks.

I hope this clears things up, but we're here if you have any further questions.

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi oldgnome - 1Password will take me to the login page in (1) the Mac app, (2) the Mac Firefox browser extension and (3) the iOS app.

The only place it seems it won't take me to the login page is in the iOS Safari extension.

doug

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Bernfrin - Thanks for that hint. That does work. A bit round-about, and requiring two openings of the vault, but it does work.

Thanks,

doug

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, using Bernfrin's suggestion I was able to get it to work. But I didn't see how to open the URL in Safari right from the item details. Instead, I went to the page from within the 1Password browser and then opened up the URL again in Safari from the option to do that after going to the page. Are you saying there is a way I can avoid that step and go directly to the page in iOS Safari without first going to the page in the 1Password browser?

Thanks,

doug

• douglerner
    douglerner
    Community Member
    Options

@Bernfrin Excellent. That worked. I still have to open the vault twice this way, but it's a lot easier knowing you can Open in Safari direct from the 1Password details.

Thanks very much.

doug

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update Doug. And thank you for the assist, @Bernfrin! :)

This discussion has been closed.