Create Login in iOS app requires website?

Options
dude1234
dude1234
Community Member

Hi,

Latest 1P iOS app is installed on my iPhone. I rarely create logins via the iOS app, but discovered today that I'm now required to enter a website address in the draft entry before I can proceed. Can't find a bypass even if all I need to capture is the password (and maybe a username) for something. Am I not seeing something on the screen, or is the 1P iOS app really going to make me switch to a secure note as a temporary solution until I can reach a fully functioning computer to then go back and transition the details to a login entry via the Mac app that doesn't require I include a website?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dude1234,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

So I have a better understanding of the problem could you please give me an example of something you're storing as a Login that does not have a web address?

Thanks!

Ben

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I received a password for an encrypted drive and only had my iPhone available, so I sought to name the login entry within 1P for iOS and populate the password field and then save.

Eric

• JeromeM
    JeromeM
    Community Member
    Options

If you have the pro version then just select "database" as the category instead of logins

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

Wouldn't the Password category be more appropriate?

• Ben
    Options

I personally use Secure Notes for such tasks. To each his own. But yes, I would agree, if there is no URL involved there is probably a more appropriate category, as Login items are special in that they have the ability to be filled in by web browsers.

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the insights.

Nearly all my entries for passwords are created as a Login (the only exception is wireless routers), and this is likely because I've been using 1P for years and most were captured under the Login category very early on. As I'm sure you can understand, my preference is to continue using the Login category even if this is for habit and maintaining consistency.

My use of 1P iOS to create any sort of entry is rare, but was not expecting to encounter a limitation. Is it really necessary to block the creation of a Login item within 1P iOS until a link is included?

• Ben
    Options

Is it really necessary to block the creation of a Login item within 1P iOS until a link is included?

That is the current state of things, yes, but I would be happy to pass the feedback to our developers for their consideration for future updates. We appreciate the input! :)

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, bwoodruff!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome! :)

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    Options

So what is the solution to this if you don't have the Pro version? I too found this to be very frustrating when I wanted to save a Mac account login ( login name and password) and couldn't save without a (meaningless) URL. Longtime user of 1P but apperently infrequent user of iOS to save passwords.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iphoneuser,

If the pro features are of no interest then at the moment your options would be either to create such items in 1Password for Mac or as I suspect you're already doing, typing something into the URL field e.g. the letter a and then editing it afterwards to remove the field. Certainly I can't think of a more elegant workaround at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.