Is there a 1Password version comparison chart?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

I don't recollect seeing any comparision charts between 1P4 vs 4.5 vs 5 Basic and Pro.

There were some features that I seemed to have liked in the earlier version but are missing 1P5 Pro. Unfortunately, I cannot recollect what those features are at the moment.

I might have read it in the Agile Switcher's Blog (deprecated).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

We have an article in our support documentation that discusses 1Password 5 for iOS's Pro Features, and there's an FAQ too! It might not be a comparison chart, but it should answer most of your questions - please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about 1Password's Pro features. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi

An issue for me is that I have 1Password on an iPhone 4 and 5s (iOS 7.1.2 and 8.3 respectively and eventually to iOS 9). I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison list instead of going through each phone hunting for features that I'm sure to miss.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not aware of any such chart in existence at the moment, but I'll mention it to our docs team. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, Does the manual for 1Password 4.5 still exist?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

It does, and can be found here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios?v=4

Thanks.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the link. I looked at both 1Password 4 and 5 documentation. The desktop clearly shows a link to the .PDF but the mobile site doesn't. Could your team please fix that.

Thanks again.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome!

We're currently moving our user guides away from guides.agilebits.com to a new system, so it won't be fixed there.

However, you can visit our new user guide website and download PDF versions there (on both mobile and desktop): https://support.1password.com/guides/

These user guides are currently available on the new site:

• 1Password 5 for Mac
    • 1Password 5 for iOS
    • 1Password 4 for Android

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I'm not seeing 1Password 4 for iOS at the new link.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not seeing 1Password 4 for iOS at the new link.

I suspect that's because, as @JasperP stated, the guides he mentioned were those:

currently available on the new site

(My emphasis.)

You should still be able to access the 1P4 for iOS user guide here.

Stephen

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It's a weird problem as accessing the same site from both an iPhone and an iPad makes the site display different content. Strange.

I am just confused over the link Ben provided and Jasper's one.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Sorry to add any confusion. The only place the v4 guide is available is at the link I provided. If you'd like a PDF of that guide you can access it here:

https://media.manula.com/user/1630/1630_1534_3350_en_1408555756.pdf

As Jasper mentioned we're in the process of transitioning our guides to a new system. I do not know at this point if the v4 guide will be transitioned or not, but it has not been at this point.

Thank you.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. An issue here is that the iPhone accesses the site differently from the iPad/Desktop in the old link that you provided. The revised link solves that issue but, at the moment, is incomplete.

• Ben
    Options

but, at the moment, is incomplete.

I don't follow. The PDF appears incomplete to you? It loads fine for me.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The old link contains:

1Password for Android
    1Password for iOS 5 and 4
    1Password for Mac 5 and 4
    1Password for Windows 4 and 1

The new link contains:

1Password 4 for Android
    1Password 5 for iOS
    1Password 5 for Mac
    1Password 5 for Windows

The PDFs in the old link were inaccessible from my iPhone but were accessible from my iPad and desktop.

The PDFs in the new link are accessible from my iPhone but I don't see 1Password 4 for iOS in there. It, therefore, appears incomplete.

• Ben
    Options

Right. As Jasper mentioned the 1Password 4 for iOS guide still lives on the "guides" system, vs the newer "support" system, which is why you see a discrepancy. I'm not aware of any plans at this point to change this. If you'd like the PDF version of the guide for 1Password 4 for iOS you would need to download that here:

https://media.manula.com/user/1630/1630_1534_3350_en_1408555756.pdf

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.