Apple watch request - custom icons

NottsDaz
NottsDaz
Community Member

It would be great if I could see my custom icons in the watch app like I can on my Mac. It makes it a lot easier to find the password I'm looking for if I can spot the logo of the company where I am trying to log in.

Comments

• Hi @NottsDaz, I'm pretty sure this is on our list to do down the road. We refrained from it in this first generation of WatchKit because we'd have to send each custom icon live over the bluetooth connection, and that would slow things down. We'll see what happens now that we have native apps on the horizon. :)

• Wayne Williams
    Wayne Williams
    Community Member

I'm there too. Maybe a utility that would convert icons to acceptable resolution similar to the logos that do work now. The keyhole is not the best...

• Hi @Wayne Williams! Thanks for the additional request here. We're looking into what will be possible with a native app in watchOS 2 this fall. Stay tuned!

• luisnunezc
    luisnunezc
    Community Member

Hello, is there any update on this, now that WatchOS2 is out?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@luisnunezc: We haven't rewritten 1Password for Apple Watch, no. We'll continue making improvements there, and using custom icons is something we may add down the road. Thanks for your interest! :)

This discussion has been closed.