iCloud syncing to somewhere else?

amonzur
amonzur
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

Hi all,
I'm new to 1password and am trialling it out before i take the plunge fully!
I like what i see so far but am having a bit of a nightmare with one issue.

My phone and my computers are all syncing my vault using iCloud.
However, something weird has happened in the last 3 days. I made no changes to my phone, app, ios or password but instead of there being 1 vault syncing across all iCloud, there appears to be 2.
When I access from my phone, I see an older version of my vault. 3-4 days old I think, based on the data in there.
But on my macs its up to date.

What I've tried as fixes;
-Ive tried disabling the sync on the iPhone then re-enabling it. didn't work.
-I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the 1password app. didn't work.
-I've tried turning off iCloud drive and on again on the phone. didn't work.
-I've restored the phone, and it didn't work either.
-I navigated to my iCloud drive from my mac, and I can only see 1 item in there, which is the correct vault that my macs use.

Im not really sure what else to try so would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks everyone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @amonzur,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this issue.

1Password does not use iCloud Drive. Instead it uses iCloud CloudKit. The data stored in CloudKit is not navigable like files stored in iCloud Drive are. So, if you've put your 1Password data in iCloud Drive, that could certainly explain what you're seeing. It sounds like what we need to do at this point is get your data out of iCloud Drive and into CloudKit, where 1Password for iOS will be able to see it.

To best instruct you on doing this, I'd like to get a diagnostic report from each your Mac and iOS device:

Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html
    iOS: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Please attach each diagnostic file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• amonzur
    amonzur
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    thanks for the message.
    I was using wifi sync as a workaround, so disabled it, went back to icloud and sent you the logs just now.
    The support ID's I have are;

WGD-52726-863

QAT-58676-222

Thanks again

• Thanks, @amonzur. I've merged those two tickets and flagged them for the appropriate folks. We'll be back to you via email as soon as we've reviewed your reports and have come up with a recommendation.

Ben

ref: AQM-22156-834

This discussion has been closed.