Auto fill wrong Netflix username and password

Options
pforkes
pforkes
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

A fe years ago I let a friend use my iPhone to access his Netflix account and I guess that he must have saved his username and password in 1Password.
Now (when I go to the Netflix page) it autofills HIS username and password.
I have searched for "Netflix", his username, but it does it show up in Password.
Where can it be coming from?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'd guess the information got saved in the iOS iCloud keychain.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pforkes,

1Password never auto-fills any information (1Password's filling requires your prompting), so as Stephen_C mentioned it is something else (possibly/most likely iCloud Keychain) that is filling those details in.

Thanks!

Ben

• pforkes
    pforkes
    Community Member
    Options

I guess that I was not clear.
    At th bottom of the display it says: "AutoFill a password....Done" and gives move an AutoFill" option with the wrong username.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The message you are seeing is from the iCloud keychain. You will find help about that (including about how to delete a password from it) in this Apple knowledge base article:

Get help using iCloud Keychain

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pforkes ,

Please let me know if the article that Stephen linked to was helpful for you!

• pforkes
    pforkes
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so that seemed to fix the problem. Now, how do I get 1Password to auto fill my username and password for Netflix, when I access my Netflix account using Safari, on my iPhone 6 Plus?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pforkes,

If your Netflix Login is already in 1Password, and the 1Password App Extension is enabled, here's what the workflow will look like:

• Open mobile Safari
    • Navigate to the Netflix website's sign in page
    • Tap on the 'Share' sheet and access the 1Password App Extension
    • Your Netflix Login will show as a 'match'
    • Tap the Login to fill your details
    • Tap the 'sign in' button, and you're ready for a marathon. :)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.