When I do a normal backup of my iPhone to iTunes does this backup 1Password data too?

Options
poinsot
poinsot
Community Member

When I do a normal backup of my iPhone to iTunes does this backup 1Password data too?

Sorry to be so basic but I am. I just got syncing working again between phone and mac after deleting the app and re-installing on my phone. While doing this I began to suspect that I probably had never properly backed this data at all because I was relying on the basic iTunes backup.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

My recollection of past discussions here is that has proved unreliable for some people. You should use the proper, recommended way to make a backup of your 1P data on your iPhone. See this knowledge base article:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Stephen

• poinsot
    poinsot
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Stephen you are very welcome! If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• MasonTomas
    MasonTomas
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

As far as I am concerned, using iTunes to backup iPhone is fast. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer. After the phone being detected, click the backup icon and you can choose to backup your data to iCloud or "This computer".

• Ben
    Options

While it may be fast it has proven to not be a reliable way to backup 1Password's data, which is why we offer separate backups via the method Stephen mentioned.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.