No auto fill in on sites that use a pop-up window as a sign-in + No auto direct to some sites.

Options

I'm finding that with many sites that use a pop-up window as a sign-in, that the auto-fill in doesn't work properly or at all. For example, it will fill in the pasword but not the email address to sign up and I have to fill in the address manually instead of it being filled together with the password.

Also, some sites / log-ins don't go directly to the site's log-in when selecting it from OnePassword and for filling in the log-in I have to go directly to the site and the log-in page and then let OnePassword do the auto fill in instead of going to the site by selecting it through OnePassword.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pass
    Pass
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I have some issue on pop-up's filling forms. Interesting thing is previous version of Firefox was working properly but version 39 is not working in pop-up window's forms. There is no problem with Safari (It's also working as pop-up's forms) but Firefox and Chrome is not work.

1Password Version: 5.3
    Extension Version: 4.4.1
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
    Firefox 39
    Chrome 43

I have also checked all of the controls on https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html but there is no changing. Problem is continue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phily & @Pass,

This will be a bit of a generalised response as I'm addressing both of you and we're not addressing a specific website. This is just the opening part of the conversation though :smile:

For open and fill to work the URL stored in the website field does have to open the actual login page for that site. If the site uses a popup window that requires user interaction before the correct part is visible then open and fill won't work. Now for sites like this there are some tricks we know to see if there is a dedicated login page that is visible even though it may not be linked to from the main page. That can help with some sites. The other option is to visit the page, open the popup window and use ⌘\ to fill.

If you're finding a particular Login item isn't filling as it once was our opening suggestion is often to see if a new Login item, created by following our How to manually save a Login guide improves the situation at all. There isn't any guarantee of course and normally what I like to do is test the site myself before suggesting it so I'm confident it's worth trying.

That brings me to the last part. If you're finding a site isn't behaving we'd love to know a bit more about that page if possible. If you're happy to supply the URL to the login page we'll happily investigate, especially if it means we can improve our extension. If you have additional information, maybe like what @pass was saying (browser X is good, browsers Y & Z it won't fill) then that might help narrow done matters too.

We may even find that what we learn from one site allows a number of the sites to be resolved in one go. So please do keep us updated and if you'd like to explore a particular website can I ask if you could create a new thread, so that others how might be having the same problem with that site can possibly find out conversation as well as ensuring I don't lose track of what we're doing where. Hopefully we can get your Login items behaving better :smile:

• Pass
    Pass
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

This is not issue because of some certain websites. Because when I open a tab in pop-up window. It works perfectly. I can email the site, I can't share this forum.

The first image (above) is normal pop-up window shape and 1Password is not work. The second image is the same pop-up's new tab shape (It seems when i report the site in pop-up) and 1Password is working. I think 1Password don't see the pop-up's as a normal tab.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pass,

Would you be willing to tell me the URL via a personal message here in the forums? I think I need to see what's going on to really understand what you're facing. Call it a weakness in my thought process but I think I'll understand far better once it's grounded in a proper example.

This discussion has been closed.