Locked out of iCloud and iPhone

Options
justinhk
justinhk
Community Member

Hello, I have a pretty extreme case here, I'll try to explain everything in detail so you guys get my situation:

I was convinced my mac book pro and iphone were compromised because settings would change even though I had not touched them.

To remedy this partly for my phone, I created a new icloud account.

For this new iCloud acount I generated the passwords and security questions using 1password while logged into my old iCloud account. I generated new passwords for my old iCloud account as well.

I create an extra layer of security I logged onto icloud and findmyiphone from my iphone, using the new iCloud account I created and remotely wiped and locked it. This is where I screwed up, I did not write down the password for my new iCloud account and i did not write down the password for my old icloud account either. Now I am locked out of my phone. I do remember my master password for my 1password vault. Can 1password help me get access to my vault so that I may unlock all my stuff please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi,

Do you use 1Password on your MacBook Pro? If so, check that copy of 1Password to see whether the vault has the new iCloud passwords. The other option is to simply do a password recovery/change through iCloud (Apple). Here's a link to Apple's support article for those options (AppleID Password)

*These options are based on the assumption that the only saved copy of your 1Password vault is the one residing on iCloud or your MBPro as I mentioned. If you have another recent copy backed up elsewhere then let us know as there may be other options available to you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@justinhk as you posted the same question on the Knowledgebase Feedback forum and AgileBits has already answered it there I'm going to close this thread so that we can keep all posts in one place...which makes it much easier for you and us. Generally speaking, it's better not to post the same question in more than one forum because it makes support more difficult and you don't find the answer you need so quickly.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.