going back to iCloud from Wifi sync but picking up a very old Vault

Options
jamesshoebottom
jamesshoebottom
Community Member

Hello Agilebits / 1Password community

For quite a while now I've been using iCloud sync between my Mac, iPad and iPhone. Then in June there was an issue with iCloud and for a while AgileBits recommended other syncing methods, I chose WiFi sync. Anyhow, it was fixed a few days later but I forgot to revert back and only remembered today.

So I go into my iPhone and change the sync from Wifi to iCloud. It prompts me to Cancel or Merge and I select Merge. It then prompts me for my Master Password. I type this in but it says it isn't valid. Being a bit concerned, I then go into 1Password on my Mac and do the same thing. However, it gives me a bit more info - it says my iCloud vault is from 2013 ! And my master password is wrong - I cannot remember my Master Password from 2013 but anyway, I've been using it daily up to mid June this year.

So for the time being, I've gone back to WiFi syncing but I'd like to re-enable iCloud syncing.

Is there a way to delete this old vault from iCloud and pick up my last iCloud vault instead ? (updated mid-June)... or if not, blast away the old iCloud Vault and copy my local 1Password data from the iPhone to a new iCloud Vault and then sync my Mac and iPad versions to this copy instead.

For the time being I've turned off iCloud Drive for 1Password on all iOS/Mac devices. No idea if this just 'hides' the old vault from view or actually deletes it. Plus I get kind of concerned about old 1Password vaults laying about in iCloud that I'm not aware of.

Any ideas please?
Thanks
James

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.1
OS Version: 10.10.5 beta
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

This discussion has been closed.