I have Snow Leopard on my MAC,

Options
Molly Gibbs
Molly Gibbs
Community Member

Snow Leopard works great now but I want 1Password on both Mac and my I-phone4. Do I have to upgrade to IOS to have both functioning or can I simply use Snow Leopard? Oh it looks like I do need OS X 10.10.3 to sync with ICloud. Ok, guess I have to upload it. Heard it will take hours.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Molly Gibbs: Depending on your internet connection, the Yosemite download may indeed be the part that takes the longest. Be sure to backup your Mac before upgrading, just in case something goes wrong! I didn't have any issues upgrading on my Macs, but you can never be too careful. The actual installation generally takes only about a half hour.

Now in regard to 1Password, using 1Password 5 on all of your devices is the best thing to do, since 1Password 3 (on Snow Leopard) won't be able to read changes you make using the newer versions of 1Password (it simply doesn't know about new features because of its age).

Just be sure that you have the Mac App Store version of 1Password in order to use iCloud Sync, and you should be good to go. Let me know how it turns out, and if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.