differnet email used for google play

Jknapp
Jknapp
Community Member

I currently use one password 4 on my home computer and was going to purchase for my Android device. However, my google play account is under a different email address. Is it possible to have my google play account email added so all my licenses will be shown together?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jknapp,

We're happy to hear you're interested in expanding your 1Password repertoire!

1Password is licensed per person and per platform. So your license for 1Password for Windows can be used on all your Windows computers, but does not apply to 1Password for Mac, iOS, or Android. We think it's fairer to sell our apps à la carte, so to speak, so that you only pay for what you'll use.

Additionally, because 1Password for Android is sold exclusively through the Google Play Store, the license for 1Password for Android is tied to your Google account. So, there's not really a way for us to connect it to your license(s) purchased from our AgileBits Store. The good news there, though, is that it's fine to have your desktop license registered with us under a different email address than you use in the Google Play Store.

One more thing to note about our Android app is that it's a “freemium” application, which means that you can download and use it for free, for as long as you like. You'll have full access to the Premium Features for an introductory trial period, after which time the app will go into "Reader" mode. When you’re ready to unlock 1Password’s full power, you can get the Premium Features with a one-time, in-app purchase.

I hope this information is helpful to you; feel free to ask if you have any other questions or if there's anything I can clarify further. :)

This discussion has been closed.